Double vacation happiness
Summer vacation in Wagrain-Kleinarl, Salzburg province
Wagrain and Kleinarl - what a dream team when it comes to vacation opportunities. The two places, which belong to one municipality, are surrounded by a fantastic mountain scenery. Here in Kleinarl we have wonderful lakes on top: the emerald green Jägersee with its landscape conservation area and the deep blue Tappenkarsee (largest mountain lake in the Eastern Alps). Discover the wide range of leisure activities, whether leisurely or sporty. Hikes and bike tours start right at the Vital- & Familienhotel Angerwirt as well as at the Landhaus Hubertus - how convenient!
Hike & enjoy
- Varied hikes & mountain tours (250 km in total) for connoisseurs, families & athletes
- Easy hike from the hotel or Landhaus to the Jägersee lake
- Our recommendation: Tour to the famous Tappenkarsee, which is surrounded by rugged rock faces (from Jägersee).
- Wonderful experiences for families at the shuttle mountain with slides & climbing areas, at Wagraini's Grafenberg with 30 adventure stations, lake, stroller-friendly trails & KUHbidu adventure trail.
- Kleinarl is a stage stop of the Salzburger Almenweg (long-distance hiking trail with 350 km length & 31 stages)
- Hiking bus: only € 1,- per trip (with the guest card - Salzburger Sportwelt Card), bus stop at the Angerwirt
Cycling & Mountain Biking
- The right routes for every taste: a total of 150 km long (e-)mountain bike routes in the Wagrain-Kleinarl region, e.g. to the Kleinarler Hütte.
- Stoneman Taurista: the MTB trail in Salzburger Land with 123 km, 4,500 Hm & 360° alpine panorama
- E-bike charging stations distributed throughout the region
- Bikepark Wagrain at Grießenkareck: reopening 2023
- Rental of different types of bikes at our partner company Schernthaner Sports, courses bookable
- Attractive road bike tours in the Salzburger Sportwelt & in the entire Salzburger Land region
- Great offer for climbing fans in our region
- Ropes course Kleinarl: 6 courses, over 60 exercises, children's course, partner course,...
- Flying Fox Kleinarl: 5 rope slides with up to 160 m length, 1 rope bridge in the Kesselfall Gorge, ascent via fixed rope routes with different levels of difficulty.
- Equipment rental possible
- Guided tours for every skill level weekly (reservation required!)
- Via ferrata in Kleinarl: 3 via ferrata & 1 off-road route
- Climbing gym in Wagrain
Ball sports, swimming & more
- Soccergolf Wagrain-Kleinarl with 18 holes at the Rote Achter cable car in Wagrain
- Nearest Golf Courses: Golf Course Open Golf St. Johann-Alpendorf & Golf Club Radstadt
- 4 tennis courts in Wagrain-Kleinarl
- Erlebnisbad Wasserwelt Wagrain with a total area of 1,450m2: indoor & outdoor pools, 6 slides, toddler pool, various saunas, steam bath, infrared cabins and much more - daily free entrance with the guest card - Salzburger Sportwelt Card (saunas for an extra charge)
- Large action sports offer in the Salzburg sports world, such as hunting archery, tandem paragliding, canyoning, rafting, mountain carting and much more.
- Fly fishing & angling: in the Kleinarler Ache (directly on the hotel grounds) or in the Tappenkarsee.